On my third and fourth day, I really wanted to go to Ocean Park however my sister did not want to. We ended up shopping the whole day in Granville Road! I found a shop that sells really cheap stuff. Something I was looking for my whole trip because HK is expensive. They sold clothes for 100 pesos only however the store looked and smelled like Ukay-ukay. I was also able to eat pigeon with my mom and it was so juicy and delicious.
Tips for HK:
- Take PAL because even if their tickets are more expensive (approx. 11k all in) than CebuPac, their Service is really good!
- If you want to go shopping, stay in Tsim Sha Tsui because everything is walking distance. However, if you want to stay somewhere more peaceful, you can stay near the Airport.
- If you’re on a budget you can look for cheap hotels Via Agoda but if you’re willing to pay a little bit more, you can book in any Regal hotel. We paid 24k for 3 nights for two people so that’s 12k each.
- If you book your hotel, I suggest that you ask for the breakfast to not be included because it’s more expensive. You can have breakfast in Delifrance which is really cheap!
- You can buy an unlimited MTR pass so that you can go around easily. It’s cheaper than riding a cab and I think it’s better because the cab drivers rarely speak English.
- I suggest that you go to Granville road to do some shopping. You will find Cotton On and H&M there.
- You can also go to the mall beside the Marco Polo Gateway hotel for luxury brands. They have Louis Vuitton, Hermes, Chanel, and the like.
- If you want more shopping, go near the Regal Kowloon hotel, there are also some stores there like Maple (but there’s also Maple in Granville). It’s a bit expensive but the stuff is nice.
- Wear comfortable shoes because you will do lots of walking.
- The weather wasn’t really cold when I went last November but I still wore a jacket. You don’t have to bring winter clothes at all. A thick jacket will do!
- The food portions are big for me therefore I suggest you share your food so that you can save more money if you’re in a budget.
- Eat in Rocco’s Pizzeria. Their staff is pinoy and the food is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!
- Eat duck, pigeon, or goose in any restaurant!
- Go to the Harbor at night to see the beautiful lights and the avenue of stars.
- Go to the mall Sogo (somewhere near Nathan Road) but make sure that you’re there on a payday weekend. You’ll find Longchamp, Kate Spade, Michael Kors, Coach, and the like on sale!
- Buy a sim card once you arrive in the airport so that you can use your GPS.
- Do not change all your money in the airport because the exchange rate sucks! If you have a service that will pick you up, you don’t have to change any money there. There are a lot of money changers in Tsim Sha Tsui.
You will not spend a lot if you find a cheap hotel. I spent a lot because of the hotel and shopping but I believe that 25,000 is more than enough. It really depends on what you want to do. If you want to visit Disneyland make sure you have 2,700 pesos for the ticket. Food is cheap because of the portions so make sure you’re not traveling alone. Shopping is super expensive so really think first if you really want the item but like I said you can find stores in Granville that sells cheap stuff. I loved HK because of the food. I really want to go back. It’s not difficult to go there at all because it only takes an hour. Once you’re there, you’ll easily find your way around and plus you don’t need a Visa!!!