Last February BPI mastercard had a promo with Singapore Airlines. Of course, I had to check the prices of other airlines before booking a ticket with SQ. When I was canvassing, I was surprised that the tickets of SQ were more affordable than other budget airlines.
SQ is one of the best airlines in the world therefore I grabbed the opportunity and booked a ticket to Singapore. The cost of my ticket was Php7,200 and it included the terminal fee already. However, it did not include the Php 1,650 Travel tax.
Total Cost of Ticket: Php 8,850 with 30kg check-in baggage allowance.
My Experience with Singapore Airlines
Since it was my first time to fly with them, I expected a lot because I heard that their service is excellent. True enough, I was not disappointed at all. In fact, I was amazed how “high-tech” their system was and how quick their customer service responded.
- When you book online you can already choose your seat without an added price
I actually had a problem here because they sent an email that they changed my chosen seat because of aircraft issues or whatsoever. I had to email them regarding this because I was disappointed that they didn’t even ask me about it. But fortunately, they replied immediately and gave in to my request.
- They inform you hours before your flight to check-in online
Departing from Manila (NAIA Terminal 3): I don’t really check-in online because sometimes I forget. What’s nice about SQ is that they send you and email. You just have to click the link and fill up a form. They will automatically email your boarding passes so you can print it. What’s nice about this is that you get to save a lot of time.
Departing from Singapore (Changi Terminal 2): I was able to check-in using my mobile phone however, they didn’t attach a PDF file in the email to print. When I arrived in the airport they had these ATM like machines wherein you can do a “fast check-in.” It was so cool because it printed my boarding pass and bag label. I just had to go to the counter to drop the bag. Again, it saves you a lot of time!
- You won’t get bored during the flight
I was amazed that it had this:
I was able to play video games, watch movies/series shows, and listen to music.
- The food was delicious
They gave out a menu so that we can choose the drinks and food that we like. I was really full.
- They give you a hot towel to clean your hands and a comfy pillow/blanket PLUS! It didn’t lack legroom.
- They leave on time
This is what I appreciated the most. We weren’t delayed.
Overall, I had a great experience with Singapore Airlines. If I were to rate my experience with them, I would give them a 4.5/5 stars.
Here are my tips if plan to fly with them or if you want to have a smooth trip:
- If you are on a budget, I suggest that you book with them once they have a promotion. It’s really worth it.
- Make sure to contact them if you used someone else’s credit card to book your flight. They are very strict with this. Although they didn’t ask for the card of my sister, I made sure to call them regarding this. I assume that they only ask for it if they think that it’s a fraudulent transaction. Other airlines accept a Xerox copy of the credit card and ID of cardholder however SingAir doesn’t. But according to the customer service rep I spoke to, Visa and Mastercard have ways to verify the card therefore they don’t ask for it anymore. It’s still better to be prepared. What if they suddenly ask you for it? You may have to purchase new tickets.
- Always check-in online and PRINT THE BOARDING PASSES.
- If you are not allowed to eat certain kinds of food, you can request it when you book your ticket online.
- Do not forget to choose your seats when you book online
- Make sure that your name isn’t misspelled. If your name doesn’t fit, omit the spaces. It’s better to have your whole name there.