So I already wrote about how I got my ticket to Singapore and its cost. In this Entry, I will be writing about Day 1 of my trip. I will make it as brief as possible.
- 7:40 AM left Manila
You may check out my Singapore Airlines Experience here.
- 11:30 Arrived at Singapore
We basically had to go through immigration again and wait for our bags in the carousel. It really took a long time
- 12:00 went around the airport saw city sightseeing tours booth
I suggest that you purchase your tickets here because they give discount. I was able to buy my Universal Studios tickets for 68 SGD only. Aside from this, you can choose other tour packages and save money. The person in the booth also gave me a booklet full of discount coupons.
- 12:30 looked for the MRT Station and contemplated whether to get the Your Singapore (tourist pass) reloadable card or just the ordinary ticket.
I read in other blogs that it is better to get the reloadable card (Your Singapore) because you get to save more money since the rides are unlimited. But after a long argument with my friend, he convinced me to get the ordinary train ticket. At first I did not agree with him at all but I eventually gave in.
Your Singapore Cost:
1 day: 20 SGD
2 day: 26 SGD
3 day: 30 SGD
If you return the card when it expires, you get to refund 10 dollars within the 5 days you purchase the card. So basically for a one day pass, it would cost 10 dollars only for unlimited rides.
Cost of a normal ticket ride
Changi Airport to Bugis: 2.5 or basically 1.5-2.5 SGD. Depends where you’re going.
My suggestion: Before you avail of the unlimited tourist pass, know where you are going. Singapore is a small town thus it’s better for you to walk and explore. Perhaps it would be best to get the tourist pass for 1 day so that you can study the place. If it expires you can top up in any MRT station. It’s better to buy the Your Singapore tourist pass in the airport because the card is already loaded and you just have to pay 20/26 SGD for it. However if you decide to buy later on, it will only be available in a 7/11 store for 10 SGD and it isn’t loaded yet. You get to save more if you buy it in the airport.
- 1:00PM We rode the MRT from Changi Airport to Bugis St. We went down the wrong street because apparently we were supposed to go down at Bras Basah station. We ended up walking with our luggage. It was really tiring but fun because we were amazed at the buildings we have seen.
- 2:15 Arrived at V-hotel Bencoolen and freshened up. Bencoolen st. is under construction that’s why we couldn’t find the hotel. What’s nice about Bencoolen is that it’s near an MRT, a food court, Orchard Road, and Bugis st.
Suggestion: stay in the Bugis or Bencoolen area because it’s near a lot of shopping malls, hawkers/food courts, and etc. You can stay in V-Hotel, Hotel 81, Bayview hotel, and Rendezvous hotel. Cost per room for three nights would be 15k or less. Depends where you stay and when you pay. If you book with Agoda, they have promos with Credit Cards that give you a 10% discount. If you decide to book the non-cancellation room, you even get to save more money.
- 3:00 PM road the MRT promenade and got lost. We ended up in Suntec city and City Link Mall where we found Sushi Express
- 3:45 Walked some more and ended up in the Esplanade theater
- 4:30 Finally, we were able to see Marina Bay Sands, the famous Merlion, Gardens by the bay, etc. Warning: the snacks and food are very pricey because it is a tourist spot. I suggest that you bring your own water and snacks.
- 8:45 We went to the Marina Bay Sands Mall
- 9:30 We ate in Food Republic
Cost Breakdown Day 1:
|Transportation (MRT)||Amount (SGD)|
|Changi To Bugis||2.5|
|Bras Basah to Esplanade||1.6|
|Marina Bay Sands to Bras Basah||1.5|
|Food Republic (Duck Rice)||5.50|
|Universal Studios Singapore||68|