We bought our ticket in the airport the day before for only 68 dollars from City Sightseeing Tours. However, according to the lady, we could only buy the express pass on the day itself.
This was our itinerary:
- 8:00 Breakfast in Mcdonald’s
- 9:30 walked to the Bus station near Ibis hotel.
- 10:00 our city sightseeing bus picked us up from the station. It’s a free one way transfer to Sentosa that came with our USS ticket.
- 10:15 we arrived at Suntec City and switched rides. This was still part of the free one way transfer to Sentosa.
- 10:30 we arrived in Universal Studios. As soon as we got in we bought the Express Pass (50 SGD) in one of the souvenir shops.
FAR FAR AWAY LAND
SCI FI CITY
This was my favorite!!!
- 8:30 PM went to chocolate world and bought last minute “pasalubongs”
- 9:00 PM Walked around Sentosa and luckily caught the Merlion show
- 10:00 PM We took the Sentosa Express (no fee) to Vivo City and from there, we went home to our hotel via MRT.
I really had a great time in Universal Studios because there were rides for adults as well. However, it is very pricey but I assure you that the experience is worth it especially for first-timers.
Suggestions and Tips:
- Buy the Universal Studios tickets ahead of time. You can buy it online or once you arrive in the airport. If you purchase it before, it saves you a lot of time.
- BUY AN EXPRESS PASS! We got the 50 SGD one which was not unlimited. It was really worth it because it was our first time. The unlimited pass (75 SGD) is for those who have been there and would rather focus on the rides that they like. By the way, if you choose to stick with the ordinary pass, you’ll wait for 2 or more hours.
- We started with the Hollywood side of the park which was a bad idea because we ended up riding the Battlestar Galactica roller coaster first. I suggest that you start with Madagascar world first (left side).
- Bring a water bottle. They have fountains everywhere. It’s expensive if you buy water there.
- If you have to keep your stuff, they provide lockers that you can rent however some have fees. The one in Jurassic world isn’t free. We left our stuff in sci-fi city and the mummy world because it was free. It’s very high-tech because your finger print will serve as the key. Remember that the free lockers have a time limit so you better come back before it expires because they will charge you a fee already.
- The top four rides for me: Battlestar Galactica CYLON roller coaster, Transformers 3-D, Jurassic Park River Adventure, The Revenge of the mummy. Note that there are two kinds of Battlestar Galactica roller coasters. Ride the red line first (HUMAN) and save the best for last by riding the CYLON (blue line) after all rides. The rides that I mentioned are for teens and adults so don’t miss any of these
- Wear rubber shoes and a comfortable attire that can get wet.
|USS Ordinary Pass (bought this ahead)||68|
|Minions Metal Case (USS)||20|
|Chocolates (Chocolate world)||17|
|Wanton Soup and Roast duck Rice (Food Republic)||10|
|Total Excluding USS Ticket||122.3 SGD= 4,158 PHP|