What I love about cooking is that it isn’t an exact science. If you make a mistake, you can actually fix it. I recently made shrimp gambas and I would like to share with you all the recipe I came up with. To be honest, the measurements of the ingredients written below are not exact. So, feel free to add more of what you feel is lacking. Basically, do what you feel is best. HAHA
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 tbsp Tomato Sauce
1 clove Garlic
A pinch of Salt
A pinch of Black Pepper
A pinch of Cayenne Pepper
½ teaspoon Thyme
1 Teaspoon Basil
1 Teaspoon of Chili Flakes or add more if you want it to be spicier
1 Green Chili
1 teaspoon of Butter
½ kilo Shrimps
- Peel and devein the shrimps. I suggest that you leave the head and the tail though. Set it aside
- Chop the garlic and Green chili
- In a heated pan, put the olive oil and sauté the garlic. Make sure that the garlic doesn’t become too brown because it will taste bitter
- Add the tomato sauce, chili flakes (up to you how much you want to put), salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, thyme, basil, green chili, and butter (you can add more if you like). Mix it for about 1 minute.
- Add the shrimps. Make sure you do not overcook it therefore once it turns pink take it out of the pan right away.
I hope you like my version of shrimp gambas! This goes well will toasted bread and pasta.
More recipes to come!