Address: Matandang Balara, Quezon City, Metro Manila
Cost Per Person: P1000
Number: 961 1248
If you want to do something new with your loved one(s) then Sip and Gogh is the perfect place for you. I have been hearing about this since before and I always wanted to try it. Luckily, my boyfriend’s birthday was last October 17 thus I proposed the idea of celebrating his birthday there.
Here are some things you need to know:
- You can book and pay online
- Their website (www.sipandgogh.com) is very useful because you may check out the schedule for the current and upcoming month. You can also enlist online in the class that you would like to attend and pay via credit card or bank deposit. It’s indeed hassle free.
- If you do not have a credit card, you may call their number and they will tell you how to go about it.
- Be punctual
- Our session was at 4:00PM and we were there 10 minutes before because we didn’t want to miss out on anything. We waited for some people to come thus we started at around 4:10 PM. If you’re coming from the south, you better leave extra early because katipunan is usually traffic.
- An instructor will guide you throughout the session. He will teach you how to create the painting step by step. I never tried painting before because I’m not artistic at all so I was really slow. BUT! Do not be scared because their staff is very accommodating and friendly thus they will assist you individually in case you get left behind.
- You may choose from drinking juice, tea, or coffee. Unfortunately, they do not serve wine anymore. As for the snacks, they serve cheese, crackers, grapes, and salami. I didn’t get to finish both because I was too busy painting.
My boyfriend enjoyed the activity because it was fun and unique. He never thought he would do something like this. He is actually more artistic than I am that’s why he really liked it but he got exhausted afterwards.
Personally, I liked it because it’s like a breath of fresh air. It is not something you do everyday. The activity is very inspiring especially for people who are not artistic (like me haha). I was pessimistic at first because I really suck at art. But it was really fulfilling that I was able create my own masterpiece. This would not have been possible without the friendly and accommodating staff that helped me throughout the process.
With regards to the value for money, I believe that it was worth it because I was able to learn something new within a short amount of time and bring home a painting. Although they didn’t serve wine and the snacks were not very filling, I didn’t really mind it because like I said, I concentrated too much on my painting that I forgot it existed. The ambiance for me was the best because the music was very relaxing and the studio felt so homey.
I would rate my experience a 4.5/5. I recommend this to families, couples, or barkadas who would like to try something extraordinary.