I flew PAL going to Japan and unfortunately my flight was delayed thus I wasn’t able to do anything on my first night. I was too tired.
I stayed in Hyatt Regency Hotel which is right beside Nakafuto station. I do not recommend this hotel if you are on a budget because it’s very pricey. I suggest you try AirBnB. In addition, it’s not walking distance to the shopping district (Namba, Dotonburi, Shinshabashi, Umeda). But getting around Japan is not a hassle because their train system is efficient and easy to understand and the people are very friendly. As long as you are near a train station then you do not have to worry about anything.
Why stay in Hyatt:
- There’s wide variety of food in their breakfast buffet!
- It’s beside Nakafuto station (See P11)
- The rooms are big
- The bathroom is spacious too
- You can just keep asking for bottles of water and they also gave us fresh fruits
- They have a complimentary shuttle service to Universal Studios Japan, Umeda, Kansai Airport, etc.
- You can purchase tickets for Universal Studios Japan in their concierge
- Concierge can speak English and is very friendly. You can ask him/her for directions and etc.
The girl I talked to provided me with an Osaka subway map. She even told me the best route from point A to point B. I was also able to get maps of Kyoto and Nara.
I really had a great experience here. I highly recommend this hotel if you are not on a budget and would like to experience first class service. I’d rate this hotel a 4.5/5 stars!