Price: 345 HKD
How to get there? Alight at admiralty station and from there take bus 629
I definitely enjoyed my trip to Ocean Park even if I was alone. The park was really huge and aside from the animals, the rides were appropriate for adults like me. As soon as you arrive, you have to take the Ocean Express or a cable car to go to the other side of the mountain. THE VIEW IS BREATHTAKING!!! If you go to HK then you should do this!
What not to miss:
- Ocean Park Tower- this ride basically just makes you see the whole park from the top. I really enjoyed it because I was able to take a lot of pictures. Though it can be boring for some but for those who love taking pictures and who would like to see a beautiful view then you should not miss this.
- The Hair Raiser- It wasn’t that scary because it was slow
- The Flash- this was the scariest ride for me because it was so high and it turns 360 degrees. I guess it’s better if you ride this with someone. I was closing my eyes the whole time. Lol
- The Abyss- I wanted to conquer my fear of heights therefore I rode this one alone. It’s not as scary as the Flash though but I enjoyed it because of the view from the top
- Mine train- This rollercoaster scarier than the Hair Raiser because it’s at the edge of the mountain. If you look down you can see the ocean already and it felt like was going to fall
- The Dragon- Another rollercoaster similar to the Hair Raiser but not as scary as Mine Train
- Jelly fish spectacular- IT WAS REALLY BEAUTIFUL!!!
- Old Hong Kong- I wasn’t able to spend a lot of time in this place but I really liked it because it shows you what HK was before. It’s basically a street full of shops and restaurants
- Emperors of the sky- Bird show (No photos though)
- The Grand aquarium
- Ocean Theater- it was fun even if it was in chinese
- Cable car
- Pacific Pier- Sea lions galore!
- The Panda- I wasn’t able to take a picture of it though 😦 It was sleeping!
- Whirly Bird
- Go on a weekday so that there won’t be a lot of people
- They have an express pass which you can avail if you don’t want to wait
- If you don’t want to spend a lot of money for food you can sneak in some. LOL But there’s a McDonald’s also inside so you don’t have to worry! You just have to find it though
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothes that can get wet
- Go early to avoid more people
- Wait for the sunset!!! It’s so beautiful.
- DO NOT RIDE THE CABLE CAR IF THE LINE IS LONG! Use the Ocean Express to go to the Summit during the day.
- Ride the cable car back to the Waterfront at around 6-7pm so that there won’t be a lot of people.
- Try riding the Park Tower during the sunset because the view is beautiful
- Some rides are not worth riding thus make sure that when you get there you know which ones to ride to save time and to explore all the aquariums!
Will I recommend this?
Of course! I really enjoyed it even if I’m not a kid anymore. What’s nice about the park is that it’s for all ages. There are rides for kids and adults. In addition, the aquarium was big and had all sorts of creatures. You will also be able to learn about animals and see their habitats. It isn’t only a theme park. It’s also a zoo, museum, and the like. Just be prepared to spend a lot of money for food and souvenirs. J it’s really pricey!
I would rate my experience a 5/5.