How to get there?
Flew Cebu Pacific going to Cambodia and our flight was at 8 in the evening. I had a good experience with them because the flight was not delayed at all. Always remember to watch out for the seat sale because tickets are really affordable and you will be able to save a lot of money. I got mine for 4,600 pesos only (round trip). We were too tired to go out because we arrived late thus we we stayed in on our first night.
Where to stay?
I did my research in Tripadvisor and I came across Shining Angkor Boutique Hotel. It’s a three star hotel 5km away from Angkor Wat and it is really affordable. I enjoyed my stay because the staff was really friendly and the rooms were huge. In addition, the bathroom was really big and clean. It had a bath tub.
I highly recommend the hotel because of the following:
- You can arrange a tuktuk to pick you up from the airport for free but if you arrive after 8pm, you have to pay already
- The staff is very friendly and can speak in English. They can arrange the tours for you and assign you a tuk tuk
- It’s super affordable! The cost of a room for 4 people for 3 nights is 10,000 pesos so that’s 2,500 pesos each but if you’re two people, it’s 6,000 pesos for 3 nights so that’s 3,000 pesos per head
- The room comes with free breakfast which I really enjoyed. It was so delicious! They served us pancakes, sausages, bacon, eggs, bread, onion rings, and the like. The servings were also very filling
- The rooms are really clean and it came with a mini ref, complimentary water, complete toiletries, a safe to put your valuables, slippers, bathrobe, etc.
- The hotel has a swimming pool
- You can rent a bicycle the whole day for 3 dollars and you can choose if you want to use a normal bike or a mountain bike.
- If you run out of cash and need to pay your tuktuk , you can pay the hotel via credit card and they’ll take care of it
- The hotel has a massage room that can fit more than 4 people. Cost of a massage is 8 USD per head
The only part that I didn’t like about my stay was that it wasn’t walking distance to pubstreet. We had to take a TukTuk going there. Also, the hotel staff did not warn us about the floating village tour which was a scam. I will blog about my floating village experience in my next entry. Overall, it was better than what I expected. By the way, the hotel doesn’t have an elevator thus if you are with a senior citizen make sure your room is in the ground floor.
I would rate the hotel a 4/5 stars because for the price, it was really worth it! I highly recommend this hotel if you are on a budget and if you are a lot because you will get to save a lot of money.
Cost for day 1:
- Cebpac Ticket (round trip) PHP 4600
- Travel Tax PHP 1650
- Hotel PHP 3000 for three nights
Total: PHP 9250