How to Obtain a Taiwan Visa? (For Filipinos) UPDATED!!!

UPDATED: January 8, 2018

According to ROC, you Filipinos do not need a visa for Taiwan anymore.

Kindly disregard what’s written below:

I just called the ROC office earlier today to ask if it’s true that invalid visas of the countries mentioned below will be honored for the travel certificate and they said YES!!! They just announced it last September 1, 2016. My sister who went to Spain last year can use her Schengen visa for our upcoming trip even if it’s expired.


  1. »To be eligible for an ROC Travel Authorization Certificate, the following conditions must be met:

(1)The applicant’s passport must have remaining validity of at least six months starting from the date of arrival in Taiwan.

(2)The applicant must possess an onward/return air or ferry ticket.

(3)The applicant has never been employed as a blue-collar worker in Taiwan.

»In addition, the applicant must possess at least one of the following documents issued by Australia, Canada, Japan, Korea, New Zealand, any of the Schengen countries, the United Kingdom, or the United States:

(1)Valid resident or permanent resident card

(2)Valid entry visa (may be electronic visa)

(3)Resident card or visa that has expired less than 10 years prior to the date of arrival in Taiwan

Qualified applicants may register for approval at . Upon obtaining approval, please print out the Authorization Certificate and present it to the airline staff upon checking in at counter. For those who fail to show valid visas or permanent resident cards of the abovementioned countries, ENTRY TO TAIWAN IS PROHIBITED

  1. For those who do not have the aforementioned visas, kindly see below:

    What I did?

    Option number 1. Get a travel certificate.

    I didn’t apply for a Taiwan visa because I have an upcoming Japan trip. I have been to Japan already thus when I applied again, they granted me a multiple entry visa. I did this because the Japan visa is more affordable than the Taiwan visa. (LOL) I suggest you use your valid or INVALID USA, Japan, Schengen, Australia, Canada, etc. visa for your trip because it’s really easy. You just have to fill up a form online and print it. Just make sure it’s within 10 years !!! YESSSSSSSSS!!!

3 Comments Add yours

  1. Hi Marga! I’m planning to apply for Taiwan visa & I got a Japanese visa last April pero di multiple. Do you think I should apply na lang ulit for a Japan visa? Mabigyan na kaya ako ng multiple? 😀


    1. MargaGoes says:

      Usually they give multiple entry after your first visa but I cannot guarantee this. Anyway, as long as you will be going to japan again then applying for a Japan visa is more practical than applying for a Taiwan visa. 🙂 hope this helps!


    2. MargaGoes says:

      BEA! JUST CALLED THE TAIWAN EMBASSY! They finally have a new rule regarding the OECD visas. You can use an expired one and a single entry one.

      They released a new rule last September 1.

      (3)Resident card or visa that has expired less than 10 years prior to the date of arrival in Taiwan


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s