How to get there?
Both are located in Gapyeong station therefore I suggest that if you visit Nami Island you might as well visit Petite France. Gapyeong is a province thus it is obviously far from the center of Seoul. It’s the last station in the Gyeongchun line (light blue) therefore it would take approximately an hour or more to get there.
- Nami Island
Operating Hours: 7:30 AM to 9:45 PM
How to get there from Gapyeong station?
There is a bus going to the ferry however the line is usually long. I decided to take a cab going there which was 500 pesos. When I got there, I was surprised to see a Zip Wire (that’s what they call it there! Not zipline) that you can take to get to the island. I chose to take that because it’s part of my bucket list. It was more expensive than the ferry. It cost 1,500 pesos. But that included the entrance fee to Nami and the ferry going back.
Zip Wire experience
I’m really scared of heights so I was really nervous. The view was so beautiful!
Things to do in Nami Island?
- Have lunch in one of their restaurants
- Write a wish on the paper leaves and post it in the walls
- Appreciate the beauty of nature and take lots of photos
Do I recommend it?
If you’re fond of nature, I assure you that it’s worth it because it’s so beautiful. It is a must-see place in Korea so I suggest that you take time to visit the place. I was really mesmerized by the colors fall.
- Petite France
Entrance fee: 8000 KRW
Operating hours: 9:00 am to 6:00 PM
How to get there from Nami Island?
You can ride the Gapyeong tour bus from Nami Island.
I went during fall therefore I wasn’t really able to see the roses. I am not a huge fan of the Little Prince but I have read the book and watched the movie. The place was really cute though but there isn’t much to do. When I got there, it was 4 in the afternoon so I just went around the place and took pictures. I wasn’t also interested in watching the puppet show.
Do I recommend it?
If you’re a fan of The Little Prince you will definitely appreciate it. If you’re not a fan, you might find it boring because like I said there isn’t much to do. But because it is a must-see place in Korea, I suggest that you still go and have your pictures taken.
- If you plan to go to both I suggest you allot a whole day for this
- Although it is more expensive to take the zipline to Nami Island, I suggest that you do it because the view is beautiful and the experience is SO WORTH IT. Also, the line of the ferry gets really long so it may be less of a hassle to take the zipline.
- I suggest you wear closed comfortable shoes when you visit Nami because you will do lots of walking and you don’t want your feet to get dirty right?
- You can actually have a picnic in Nami so bring a banig or a piece of cloth you can sit in
- If you plan to visit Petite France, make sure it isn’t during fall because you won’t see the beautiful roses
- If you plan to take the Gapyeong tour bus then you should take advantage of it. Visit all the tourist spots in Gapyeong!
Know how much I spent here
If you want to know about my lodging and Myeongdong food trip, click here
Let me know if you have questions. Email me at email@example.com
Comment below if you have other tips you want to share!